Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thunderfunk the Superchicken - Chapter 48

Set Up

“Come face me you coward!” Thunder raised his fist to the security camera, shaking vigorously.

The small tv set in the wall of the guard room sprang to life. “Oh, I think not, my dear colleague.” Breadbuuter’s large face filled the screen. “We have said all we have to say to each other.”

“We had an agreement...a gentleman’s accord. How dare you violate it?” Spittle flew from Thunder’s beak.

“Hah!” Breadbuuter threw his head back, flailing his arms to catch his balance. “That agreement was not worth the paper it was printed on. This is not a game, good sir. And I would thank you to leave my premises before I release the hounds.”

“You don’t have hounds.”

“True. I do have an angry, trained hummingbird though.”

Thunder’s eyes went wide. “All right, I shall leave. But I’ll return. And when I do, only one of us will emerge alive!” As he turned to go, a man in a guard’s uniform flew through the air. “He had better not be late on Monday,” muttered Thunder as he stalked away.

No comments: