Monday, June 8, 2009

Fools of us All - Chapter 39

I briefly considered leaving him where he had collapsed, but I knew we needed to stay together. I sat down beside him and leaned my head against the wall, closing my eyes, just for a moment…

“Hey, you okay?”


I jerked awake, convinced that I was about to be attacked. Instead it was just Spin standing over me. In the dim light his form wavered unsteadily. Leaping to my feet, I put out a hand, giving him something to hold on to. “I’m fine,” I said. “You’re the one who’s not doing okay.”


“True.” He leaned against the wall. “What’s the plan?”


I pressed myself against the door, looking through the peephole. “They should have given up on finding us by now. We’ll sneak inside and find the prophecy.”


“And then?”


“...I don’t know.”

No comments: