Monday, August 24, 2009

Fools of us All - Chapter 47

CAZ

I took the binoculars from Spin and gazed at the base. There was not much activity going on at the moment, and it was bothering me. I thought that there should be more people moving around, more frantic activity. War had just been declared on an alien race, and the army wasn’t doing anything.


Spin sighed heavily beside me. “What?” I asked, not looking at him, knowing what I would see.


“I don’t see why we had to come out here in the cold,” he grumbled.


“Because the so-called war won’t wait for the weather to warm up. Besides, it’s not that cold out.”


“I can see my breath,” he replied. He was rubbing his arms vigorously, trying to warm up. “So what’s the plan?” he finally asked when I failed to respond to his complaining.


“Something’s wrong,” I answered. “We need to get in there and get some information.”


He groaned. “This is going to end with pain, isn’t it.”


I nodded. No sense in lying to him now.

No comments: